Kite Exhibitions & Installations
A partial list of exhibitions and installations
1996 Singapore National Museum
‘Regional Motifs in SE Asian Kites’
1997 Liang Court, Singapore
‘Traditional and Contemporary Kites’
2001 Lawrence Museum, UC Berkeley ‘
Kites & Culture; The Spirit of Indonesia’
- exhibition of Indonesian kites and visual artwork, including textiles, carvings, prints, etc.
- featured a complete set of Balinese ritual kites, leaf kites, and contemporary sculptural kites from Sumatra and Java.
- four kite artists flown in from Indonesia; opening inc. Balinese dancers, gamelan orchestra, Indonesian foods, etc.
2002 Crissy Field, San Francisco
‘An Exposition of International Aerial Art’
- with Ivy Loo
- an evening of slide presentations by 18 artists from Asia, Europe, and North America who also work in kites
- two indoor exhibitions of this collection of contemporary work
- a one day flying exhibition, featuring music, attended by 40,000 people
- funding provided by Golden Gate National Park Assoc.
2002 Ivanpah Dry Lake, Nevada ‘Red Sky Line’
- a conceptual aerial sculpture event on and above a dry lake bed with American sculptor Tal Streeter. - all filming performed from the air
2003 Telluride Experimental Film Festival ‘Installation of Aerial Cinema’
- with Robert Schaller
2004 Atlantic Center for the Arts
- a series of installations of the Aerial Cinema on Daytona Beach, in Florida
- sponsored by ACA as part of a month long residency entitled ‘WindArt’
2005 Phoenix Airport, Phoenix, AZ
- with Ivy Loo
- a one man show of large face kites in Edo format